Things You Should Always Do If Your Child Has Peanut Allergies
Precautions to take each day, to protect your child who is allergic to peanuts.
By Dina Clifford
Always Read All Labels
- All labels must be read every time you make a purchase, even if the product has been safe in the past.
- Manufacturers change ingredients.
- Products can be manufactured in different plants that are unsafe and shipped from different parts of the country.
Always make sure that all cookware and utensils used to prepare foods have been washed well.
- Many times someone may use a utensil, cookie sheet, pot or pan to make something that may have contained peanuts/nuts or nuts oils. Always make sure all cookware and utensils used to prepare foods have been properly cleaned.
Always ask questions and feel comfortable that he person serving your food is aware of your food allergy.
- It is important that the individuals preparing food are knowledgeable about food allergies and understand how to keep the foods that they prepare safe.
Always inform others about your food allergy.
- Currently strict avoidance is the only way to prevent an allergic reaction. Make sure those around you, or anyone serving your food, is aware of your food allergy.
Always call the food manufacturer if you have any questions.